SOTO Property Solutions screens all prospective tenants. The screenings consist of rental history,
employment verification, criminal background check, and credit check.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Rental history – Applicants must have a rental history with no evictions within the last 10 years and must have positive feedback from previous landlords, excluding relatives, regarding giving notice to vacate, completion of lease, and condition of property. Absent of a rental history, applicant must have a co-signor (co-signor must complete an application and meet employment and credit criteria), or applicant must have owned their own home.
- Employment verification / Income requirements – Applicants need to supply their most recent pay check stub as employment verification. Stub must show applicants name, employers name, pay rate, and year to date totals. Self-employed applicants must present previous year tax return. Unemployed or retired applicants must provide written proof of either government assistance or retirement income. Rent amount may not exceed 40% of gross income.
- Credit - will not rent to any applicant who has multiple accounts in collection, multiple accounts past due, or shows monthly payments in excess of 40% of monthly gross income. An exception is made for medical accounts.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE ABOVE CRITERIA MAY BE MADE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION
OF SOTO Property Solutions. ADDITIONAL SECURITY DEPOSIT MAY BE REQUIRED.
- Criminal - SOTO Property Solutions will not rent to any applicant who has recently been convicted of a crime against persons or property, has been recently convicted of drug related offense, or is a registered sex offender. Criminal background will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Identification – All applicants must present a government issued photo ID.
If applicant cannot meet one or more criteria (except criminal and ID), applicant may use a co-signor.
Co-signor must complete an application as well.
The application form should be completed in its entirety. Missing data will cause delays in the approval process. Falsifying any information on the application will be cause for immediate denial.
An application is required for each resident, 18 years of age or older, who will occupy the property.
The application fee is outlined in the property listing and is charged for each applicant and co-signor.
Applications will not be accepted or processed without application fee.
Application fees are non-refundable