Michael was born and raised in Cape Girardeau, Missouri and has lived in the Cape Girardeau/Jackson area his entire life. Michael graduated from Cape Central High School in 1982 and graduated from Southeast Missouri State University in 1986 with a B.S.B.A. with a double major in Accounting and Management. Michael worked in public and private accounting for five years, became a business owner of a janitorial supply company for eleven years then became a real estate appraiser.
Michael started his real estate appraisal career in January, 2003 as a residential appraiser trainee. In 2007, Michael became a Certified Residential Appraiser. In 2008, Michael became a general appraiser trainee. In 2009, Michael became a Certified General Appraiser for the State of Missouri. Michael has completed appraisals on single family residences, duplexes, multi-unit apartment buildings, vacant land, subdivisions, and on all types of commercial properties including offices, retail buildings, warehouses, and many other types of properties. Michael is an approved appraiser for the Missouri Department of Transportation, Federal Housing Administration (FHA), and is an approved appraiser for many local banks including, but not limited to, The Bank of Missouri, Montgomery Bank, First Midwest Bank, First State Community Bank, First Community Bank, First Missouri State Bank, Alliance Bank, Banterra Bank, Southern Bank, and MRV Banks.
Michael became a real estate agent in February, 2021.
Michael’s community involvement and professional memberships includes but is not limited to:
- Member, Cape Girardeau County Board of Equalization
- Member and Board Treasurer, Southeast Missouri Board of Realtors
- Chairman, City of Jackson Planning and Zoning Commission
- Member, Jackson Industrial Development Company Board of Directors
- Member, Jackson Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Member, Uptown Jackson Revitalization Organization Board of Directors
- Member, Jackson Rotary Club - Previously served as President, Treasurer, and chairman of several projects
- Member and Church Accountant, Crossroad Church
- Member, Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Jackson Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Perryville Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member, Cape Girardeau Jaycees – Previously served as President, Vice President, Treasurer, chairman of several projects, and was awarded JCI Senator #54481