SOTO Property Solutions screens all prospective tenants. The screenings consist of rental history, employment verification, criminal background check, and credit check.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Rental history – Applicants must have a rental history with no evictions and must have positive feed back from previous landlords regarding giving notice to vacate, completion of lease, and condition of property. Absent of a rental history, applicant must have a co-signor (co-signor must complete an application and meet employment and credit criteria), or applicant must have owned their own home.
- Employment verification – Applicants need to supply their most recent pay check stub as employment verification. Stub must show pay rate and year to date totals. Self-employed applicants must present previous year tax return. Unemployed or retired applicants must provide written proof of either government assistance or retirement income.
- Credit - SOTO Property Solutions will not rent to any applicant who has multiple accounts in collection, multiple accounts past due, or shows monthly payments in excess of 40% of monthly gross income. An exception is made for medical accounts.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE ABOVE CRITERIA MAY BE MADE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF SOTO Property Management. ADDITIONAL SECURITY DEPOSIT MAY BE REQUIRED.
- Criminal - SOTO Property Solutions will not rent to any applicant who has recently been convicted of a crime against persons or property, has been recently convicted of drug related offense, or is a registered sex offender. Criminal background will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Identification – All applicants must present a government issued photo ID.
If applicant cannot meet one or more criteria (except criminal and ID), applicant may use a co-signor. Co-signor must complete an application and meet employment and credit criteria.
The application form should be completed in its entirety. Missing data will cause delays in the approval process.
An application is required for each adult (18 years of age or older) who will occupy the property.
There is a $30 application fee per applicant, or $40 application fee for married couples with the same last name. Co-signor application fee is $15. Applications will not be processed without application fee.
Application fees are non-refundable.